What You Can Do
The efforts of everyone at the University of Alberta—students, faculty and staff—are crucial to creating a sustainable campus. There are many ways you can eat more sustainably on campus.
- Buy seasonal produce from the Farmers’ Market.
- Request a local food menu from your caterer.
- Invite people to bring their own dishes and cutlery to meetings.
- Bring your own container for beverages or take out.
- Volunteer at a community garden.
There are always programs available to help you engage with campus sustainability. Resources and ideas are only a click away.
The Green Spaces Certification Program helps you integrate sustainable practices into your work and living spaces at the University of Alberta. Earn Bronze, Silver or Gold certification for your campus office, lab, event or living space in residence.