What You Can Do
The efforts of everyone at the University of Alberta—students, faculty and staff—are crucial to creating a sustainable campus. There are many ways you make more sustainable purchases while working or studying on campus.
- Review our green purchasing principles before you buy something
- Use paper containing a minimum of 30 per cent recycled content
- Buy energy efficient equipment (e.g., Energy Star certified)
- Order environmentally-preferable products from a preferred supplier
- Request local food from dining services and caterers.
- Use Surplus Services to find or dispose of used goods
- Buy local when possible
There are always programs available to help you engage with campus sustainability. Resources and ideas are only a click away.
The Green Spaces Certification Program helps you integrate sustainable practices into your work and living spaces at the University of Alberta. Earn Bronze, Silver or Gold certification for your campus office, lab, event or living space in residence.