Get to know our campuses a little better. The University of Alberta offers a variety of tours to help people discover some of the features that make it a leader in campus sustainability and the holder of a STARS Gold rating. We welcome individuals as well as groups, so if you're a professor or event organizer, don't hesitate to book a tour for your students or other groups.
Sustainability Campus Tour
On this hour-long outdoor walking tour, discover:
- How our campus power system delivers energy efficiently
- Which buildings save and recycle water
- How the sun's energy is harnessed for light and electricity
- Where thousands of pounds of food scraps end up every year
- And much more!
Join one of the regularly scheduled daily tours offered through Campus Visits. Start times range between 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. Please register at least one week ahead of time, and wear comfy footwear.
Take this tour
To register with less than a week's notice, please email email@example.com.
To book a private tour for your students or a group, please email Leah Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-492-4981.
The Office of Sustainability can take you inside some of the university's outstanding green buildings. You'll get to see some of their features up close and you'll meet people with similar interests. This is also a great tour for groups or classes.
Tours are available for the following certified green buildings:
- Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science (CCIS), where you can admire the terrazzo flooring and building design that maximizes natural light.
- Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA), where you can learn about the green roof and interdisciplinary work spaces.
- Jeanne & Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre, which features Canada’s largest integrated photovoltaic cell array.
- Triffo Hall, which won The Outstanding Building of the Year (historical category) in 2016.
Additionally, you can tour the university's District Energy System. To arrange any of these tours, please register below.
Tour a building
Model Green Labs Tour
The model green labs project aims to increase lab users’ awareness of what safe and sustainable labs look like and which of their key features demonstrate sustainable practices. These labs have a positive impact on the lab community because people can visit the labs, learn from the users' experiences, and actively participate in the broader green labs community.
Learn more about our model labs:
Campus Visits provides several other tour options. Sign up to explore the North Campus, Campus Saint-Jean, Augustana Campus or Lister Hall. You can also request tours tailored especially for Aboriginal students, international students or young guests.